Mandals TPU hoses are among the most innovative world class hoses, made from extruded thermoplastic polyether based polyurethane (TPU) with excellent wear and tear properties. The TPU is extruded through the reinforcement made from circular woven high tenacity filament polyester yarn. This method gives a very strong bonding between cover and lining as well as firmly encapsulating the woven polyester. The abrasion resistance of the Mandals TPU hoses is among the highest available, and our TPU hoses also have excellent resistance against the most commonly used chemicals, UV radiation, hydrolysis and fungus degradation.
The textile reinforcement ensures very high tensile strength combined with maximum 2% extension in length at recommended working pressures. This prevents “snaking” of the hose when pressurized. Similarly, the interlocking weave gives exceptionally high pressure ratings. Mandals TPU hoses can operate in a temperature range from -50°C to +75°C (-58°F to +167°F), intermittent use up to +80°C (176°F).
Standard lengths are available up to 200 meters, longer lengths possible on request for many diameters.
- Specifically engineered TPI (twist per inch) factor
- Greater strength due to high TPI
- “Built-In” diameter memory
- Jacket Weaving
- Superior weave prevents elongation & snaking
- Strong coverage keeps weave & TPU intact
- Strong Bonding between cover and lining
- Fixation & Control
- Accurate &Precise diameter achieved by Steam Pressurization.
- Vulcanization Process improves Durability & other Mechanical properties
All Mandals hoses are subjected to very stringent quality and test procedures that make the hoses durable even in harsh conditions.
- Burst Pressure test
- Jacket-Cover Adhesion
- Heat Resistance
- Abrasion Resistance
- Diameter Testing
- Yarn Strength
Flexible lay-flat hoses offer many advantages over more rigid types of hoses or pipes. The areas of use have increased over the years. Lay-flat hoses are now the preferred transfer solution in many fluid transfer applications in various segments. The experienced users are focused on the fact, that given the right quality of the lay-flat hose; the hoses can meet the requirements of the most demanding industrial users. Lay-flat hoses provide the flexibility and mobility to streamline efficient use and offer many positive HSE benefits.
- Reduced deployment time for laying – 1 mile in 10-15 min
- Terrain friendly – follows ground contours
- Easy to handle due to less weight & flexibility
- Deployed or retrieved from moving vehicle, requires no heavy equipments
Economical Storage & Transport
- Light and compact – 40’ container holds upto 3600m of 12” hoses
- Long lengths with low coil volume
- Easy access in remote areas
- Reduced transport costs
Low Operating Costs
- Excellent flow rates – Mandals TPU has 70% more Operating pressure
- Minimal pressure loss
- Swelling allows full pumping efficiency.
- Long lengths and few joints – less manpower (8 conn/mile Vs 176 with piping)
- Less leaking and risk of spills
Long Service Life
- High resistance to abrasion and cutting – Has 40% more wall thickness
- Continuous operation at high pressures
- Durable even in the roughest environments
- No corrosion or scale build-up
- No de-lamination
- Resistant to heat, UV-rays, ozone, many chemicals and weathering
- Resistant to hydrolysis and microbiological attack
- High puncture resistance (5 times that of normal rubber hoses, 15 times that of PVC hoses)
Easy Maintenance & Repair
- Built-in diameter memory after use allows easy re-coupling
- Quick on-site repair possible, no special tools
- Lower labour and equipment costs
- Reduced downtime
- Damaged spots fixed temporarily by pulling over a sleeve
- Oil & Gas
- Hydraulic Fracture
- Emergency Response
- Water supply
- Pipe Rehabilitation